Thursday, June 27, 2013

Week 6

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Today, I organized all the research I have done so far for the exhibit.  I have been collecting notes from articles and books in a notebook and on the computer.  So, I took some time to organize it all in a file on MOSH's Curatorial drive.  Now, when I have a completed document, it is saved in a spot where Lenny can access it whenever she needs it.  After organizing, I continued to research.  Today, I researched Dent Mound, whose artifacts are in the museum's collection.  Actually, once I finish the box I am currently working on, I will be changing units so that way I can inventory the Dent Mound artifacts.  This way, they will be properly inventoried before selected for the exhibit.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Today, I continued research on Dent Mound.  Dr. Ashley did a reanalysis of the artifacts in the 1990's, and wrote a great in-depth article about the past excavation and the current implications for the site.  I nearly finished going through the article today.  Since I hand write my notes (if I typed them, I would type EVERYTHING), it takes me a bit of time to thoroughly go through a long article.  Anyways, I hope to finish that research next week.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Today I went back to inventory.  I have one more box of Bunnie Hall's projectile points and stone tools before I can change gears and move to the Dent Mound collection of artifacts.  However, this is a box of many, many, lithic pieces.  I did not get to finish it today, but it won't take me too much longer to finish.  Which means next week I can continue my research of Dent Mound and then actually go through the artifacts from the site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment